Friday, August 24, 2007

Here I Go

Well Now I've done it. I've decided to start writing a blog. For someone that is not tech savvy at all this might be very interesting. The Title of my blog refers to my love of comics. As all comic fans know Wednesday is the Holy grail of the week. Tuesdays take so long to get through just so you can make your weekly trek to the comic shop.

For those of you that listen to podcast i am a huge fan of CGS, Comic Book Savant, Geek Brunch among many others (way to many to list). I am on the CGS Boards as gardnerisgod. I am also a huge OnA fan and I am on FBA.com as mrpalmer420.

I am going to use this blog to review comics, books and movies mostly. I will also rant a bunch as I get pissed off at a lot of things.

My movie review for the day is a movie i watched last night, Caligula. Now I put this on my netflix cue for the obvious reasons. Penthouse productions, amoral roman society and NC-17, need i say more gentlemen (and ladies if you are into that sort of thing). What i got surprisingly was a fantastic, well acted movie. I mean all the debauchery was there that you would expect but the caliber of talent in this movie was amazing. I knew that Malcolm McDowell was in it but i was pleasantly surprised by Peter O'Toole (although with a name like that why should I have been) and Academy Award winner Helen Mirren. This told a great story of the roman empire at a very tumultuous time. Please there was Decapitation, Necrophilism, Golden Showers and Sodomy. What more can a guy ask for in a nights entertainment. I would recommend this movie to anyone as long as you have a strong stomach and not that many morals.

This is my first post and hopefully many more will follow.

See ya
TJ

2 comments:

Miscatonic said...

Caligula was an attempt by a lower tier industry to legitimise itself. Turns out it wasn't necessary as they make more money now then ever

Unknown said...

awww...Big Boy made a Blog-gie! Yeah!