Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Haul

Pretty Average Size week for me.  Have I mentioned that the great guy that is My LCS owner has decided to skimp out a little bit and stop including Bags and Boards to Subscribers.  He now charges you 25 cents if you want it.  He doesn't know it but that has caused me to order more and more on line.  Oh well for him.

Anyway.  I got

Flash
Spawn
Spiderman

With my hour lunch back i now get to go back to my normal routine which was Get my Books.  Bullshit for a little bit with the owner and then go to Jersey Mikes Sub shop and get a roast beef sub and read a book.  This week I chose flash.

No everyone I think is in agreement that Flash has been Fucking Horrible lately and if you do not agree with that then you are a fucking retard.  (Just kidding... kind of).  Well these last two  (maybe three) issues have to deal with  villain named Spin.  All issue this motherfucker keeps saying that he needs to report to Dark Side.  I was pissed.  I mean not only were they bringing Dark Side back but they are doing it in a shitty book where the author can not even spell the fucking name right.  

OK Folks Follow me here.  I just Finished Seven Soldiers of Victory by Grant Morrison about a week ago (i would of reviewed it but i am still trying to figure out who and what i read).
In there one of the soldiers is Mister Miracle.  No Not Scott Free but some Black Man named Shilo Norman (again i think that is his name but that is the extent of the research you get on this blog). It seems that in the not too distant Future in that book the New gods have Died and been reincarnated as thugs and gangsters.  I really don't know it confused the Fuck out of me.  But the reason i am bringing this up is that the Big Bad and Controller of the Sheeda from the Mister Miracle series was A big black man named Dark Side.  And in this Flash Issue The same black man is there Named Dark Side.  

Morrison is a writing genius.  So who gives a fuck if you don't understand 7 soldiers that was really just ht e fucking prologue for what is about to happen in the DCU.  Morrison had this event fucking planned for something like 5 years and everything else that has happened in the DCU is just to fill time and help people connect the fucking Dots.  

Holy Shit i just realised in the puny little brain i have that the Same Artist was on both of these motherfuckers.  Freddie Williams II is the artist on Flash and Mister Miracle.  My mind is beginning to get blown. 

This is going to be a great ride.

TJ

No comments: