Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My New Job

Well people i got a new Job.  

I am still working for the same company but in a much different capacity..

For those of you that didn't know, I worked (and still work for) a cigar company.  I have had a love of tobacco since I was fourteen and when i lost my Job as a stock broker i thought it would be perfect (plus they would hire me which is more then I can say about some Banks). Here's the problem the only job they had open was for a sales associate.  Well i took it; got paid shit;  worked horrible hours; got very bored.  So the next logical progression was customer service.  man I thought order-taking was a piece of shit of a job this was horrible.  Not only was I still talking to customers but now i was talking to the assholes with problems.

Again Got very bored doing this.  So the owners assistant was leaving to open his own store and i was thought of for the position.  Flattered, i thought it was great at first.  I dealt with the million dollar and international customers.  This was great for three months and then Bored again.  the problem i was having is that everything i was doing was the same shit just with different people.  Well now a job opened up for the magazine, Cigar Magazine, that i didn't even think to apply for.

My supervisor came to me and said (paraphrasing of course) , I need a writing sample because i can tell you are bored there and i submitted your name for the editorial assistant position of the magazine. Well i was shocked.  I had no skill sets for this job.  My degree is in Finance for Fucks sake.

Well i Interviewed and got the job.  This means a raise, working exclusively on a mac, and most importantly the return of my hour lunch..  Yeah remember the post i had a while ago ranting like a maniac about my half hour lunch and all that shit.  Well strike that reverse it.  I started the job on Monday and for the past two days I have been able to read three comics at lunch as well as eat.  Holy shit is this great.  I am four issues from being caught up.  Good times are ahead for me and the Blog and The podcast.  Oh Wait i wasn't supposed to say anything about that yet.

Talk to you later.

TJ

No comments: