Friday, June 27, 2008

Final Crisis 2


OK Today's review is Final Crisis 2

Written by God and Drawn by his son.

JG Jones is an amazing artist.  His pages are great.  I know there was some people who were questioning his ability of doing sequential art after years of doing mostly covers but man this guy has not lost a step.  Each page is great.  The only pages that kind of had me scratching my head was the semi-splash page that involved the Japanese super team.

The writing is amazing. Each character moves into each other and you can read the words even if the art is jumbled (which it is not for the most part) and still understand what is going on. I know , I know usually people use this as a way to judge the art but i am saying the opposite so fucking deal with it.

I am not going to go into the story much but holy fuck.  Remember what i said before (way back about a month ago) that if you are not steeped in DC knowledge then you may want to jump off or read this with wikipedia open... well I take that back. Fuck the DC Universe if you are not aware of the small little section of the DC Universe that I like to call the Kirbyverse then get the fuck off. (or you can still drool over all the pretty pictures.)  There is so much New gods shit in here that I am sporting a chubby reading the whole thing.  I mean Glorious Godfrey shows up. We learn about Granny Goodness, Simyan and (one of my personal favorites) Mokari, we meet sonny samurai who is being speculated to being the most famous of the sons of the new gods. And there are rumors flying around about the Police Detective that is sort of our eyes for part of the story.  And to end it all we see a certain speedster out racing the Black Racer.  Fuck what a good book.

So that is that. Go get the book and read with your wiki.

Talk to you later,

TJ

No comments: