Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2


Well as promised last wednesday here is my anticipated review of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2.

This is written by Abnett and Lanning and drawn by Pelletier (sorry about that if those are spelt wrong but you guys know i don't spend a lot of time researching this shit)

Wow i started this fucker this morning and it is too hot for me to put a coherent thought together.

Well the art is very good.  Yeah thats all i got to say there.

The writing reminds me a lot of the Giffen DeMetteis (sorry wrong spelling but don't care) JLA/JLI/JLE.  Very Witty and some characters i feel are spot on.  Rocket Raccoon is worth the price of admission alone.  He a fucking demolition expert raccoon that has a friend that is a fucking twig people. Come on why not give this a shot.  I don't know enough of the other characters to know if they are being written well or not.  i am a big fan of the Dog though.  I mean A&L really know how to write dialect and it shows in the dog that is left over from the russian space program.

Here's what i don't like (which is very little).  And this is a problem i have with a lot of team books.  Some of the characters are very similar (again i do not have any background in these characters at all so if I'm wrong please tell me.) In battle scenes sometimes i feel like i get a quip from Rocket then some dialogue that could be from anyone. then something else from rocket and then something else that could be from anyone.  When a large splash occurs that involves all the characters plus whatever baddie they are fighting sometimes that writing gets very muddled for me.

Well I am continuing on with this series.  I did enjoy it but I loved the first issue more then the second.

Talk to y'all later,

TJ 

No comments: