Friday, January 4, 2008

the birth details

OK Folks.... as you know by checking on this blog from time to time over the last month, the Birth of my Daughter has really rocked my world and basically has caused me to put my life into a standstill unless it involved her ( this unfortunately meant this blog and my segment on Comic Book Savant.)

I don't know if anyone cares about the details of the birth but hell i will give it to you. This will basically be a time line.

3:30 PM Monday 12/03- go into hospital for final ultrasound and bio physical. This was to prepare for the scheduled induction on Thursday

4:30 PM - We are about to be sent home when the tech says she wants a radiologist to check something out.

5:30 PM - The tech tells us that there seems to be a lot of Amniotic Fluid and we need to get a Non Stress Test done upstairs.

6:30 PM - I notice that instead of going into the NST room they are putting us in a labor and delivery room but think nothing of it. (hell maybe the the NST room is too small for two people)

7:00 PM - The midwife comes in and says that because of the abundance of fluid. "Why not just start inducing now". Well, My Wife and I are both procrastinators and we had nothing done, no packing or anything.

7:30 PM - I go home to pack and it begins to snow to only make things that much more fun.

8:30 PM - Get back to the hospital and while i was out they inserted a catheter into my wife and not into the bladder but into another fun place for her. (I am sure she loves me giving out these details good thing she doesn't read this)

5:00 AM - She finally gets to sleep after learning to deal with all the Pain of the catheter. This means that i finally get to sleep as well.

7:00 AM - We are woken by the nurse to start the induction (you heard right people 2 hours sleep...Good times)

8:00 AM - We decide to do laps around the floor to try to help things out but it seams like nothing is happening. She is contracting but not feeling anything and not dilating.

11:00 AM - She starts to feel contraction but the are not that bad she says "I think our plan for a natural child birth will work"

11:15 AM - After calling me an idiot and telling me to get away from her then yelling at me for not being next to her, she calls the nurse and asks for whatever drugs they have available. not knowing when the anesthesiologist would be able to get there the give her some narcotics. To their surprise the epidural guy comes in 15 minutes later but my wife is so doped up she sleeps through a needle being put directly in her spine.

12:00 PM - Wife falls asleep and sleeps through all the huge contractions. ( i begin to wonder if i could get an epidural for fun)

5:17 PM - The real labor begins

7:17 PM - My daughter is born. After being weighed they say that she is 9lbs 8ozs and are amazed that a 5'4" 120lbs women could deliver such a huge baby.

Well those are the birth details if anyone is interested.

More comic reviews probably Monday.

Talk to you all later

TJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds huge, buddy. Just as a side note, I can get you epidurals cheap. I sell em out of my trunk, say 5 for a c note? I'll meet you out back.