Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rant about my iPod Touch and iTunes

OK people here is another rant about something that i do not know if anyone cares about but like i said before this is my fucking blog so if you do not care then "this is not the post you are looking for" (if you got that reference you are just as big a geek as me.

Yesterday was the big Mac World San Fran. This is where Steve Jobs makes his Keynote address and introduces all the new things going on at apple at the moment. The main thing that i was wanting to hear was the fact that they will be including the iPhone apps to the interface of the Touch. Well i got that but for $20.00. I am going to complain a little bit about that but please note that even though i am I will still be getting them. Come on Steve, $20.00 fucking dollars. I just paid $400 for this fucking thing and the goddamn update is $20.00. New ones that come into the store are going to have these fuckers right on them and i also just read (on www.macrumors.com) that existing ones in stores will be discounted $20.00 to account for the cost of the fucking upgrade. Why are you charging me if you are letting people buy it now for basically nothing. Fuck that pisses me off. Oh well i will pony up because this is what i wanted.(The mail app in particular is sweet so I've been told (more on that later).

So i get home from work yesterday with the intention of starting the whole process. I sometimes forget that i have a child and new responsibilities. Usually on days like this (read before Katie) i would plop in front of my laptop ignore the world including my wife's nagging and go to town downloading and updating. As soon as I walk into the house i am greeted by a fantastically horrible sound (it was the sound of reality crashing into my fucking face) of my baby screaming. To digress a little, much like her father, my little girl does nothing in moderation. there is never just a little whimper. It is always full out screaming like i was beating her with a bat. Seriously we have a cop that lives upstairs from us in our apartment complex and i am surprised that he hasn't called DYFS yet on us because it really does sound like we are doing horrible things to her. But anyway back to my day. So my wife hands me Katie and says "Do you want to change her" like it would be the highlight of my day (and it usually is because with a breastfed baby the most daughter/father time i get right now is on the changing table). So i put her on the table and start to clean her up and then she gets this big fucking smile on her face and shoots shit right into my fucking hand. I had a hand full of piss and shit and she is happier then i have ever seen her. It is quite an amazing sight. If there was a Olympic event for projectile shitting she would hold the World Record. I mean there are times when she can clear at least 6-8 inches with a stream of shit, I find it hilarious my wife not so much. Well back on topic.

So after the fun of changing my daughter i get started on the computer. I will time line this for you as i find it easier to type (and this is all about me):

5:30 Startup computer and load iTunes.
5:37 Wife comes out of the bedroom and states "You know i wanted to use the computer to email some people"
5:38 log off and give wife the computer. Go get Dinner.
6:15 Eat Dinner and make pouty faces until wife gives up the computer.
6:30 re open up iTunes and start the 7.6 update.
6:55 After 25 minutes realize that nothing is happening so i decide to stop that download and update the firmware on the ipod
7:15 iPod updates but the fucker states it encountered a problem and now needs to be restored.
8:00 after numerous cigarettes and much cursing i realize there is no way of getting around the restore and all my music will be wiped out and need to be resynced.
8:20 try again to update itunes before i resync
9:00 i give the fucking thing 40 motherfucking minutes and nothing.
9:15 Decide to try to download through apple.com and that seems to be working. (well at least it is giving me updates on what it is doing) I like when status bars are telling me what is going on for all i know though it is saying "Steve Jobs is masturbating to a picture of a 12 year old Brittany spears" but it is nice to see things change on the screen
10:15 I realize that this must be a huge fucker because shit is still going on
11:00 it get really close to the end of the progress bar and a message pops up saying "iTunes is now raping your mother" what no i mean "iTunes has not installed correctly CD's put into drive will not import correctly. To be able to do this please re install itunes" I am thinking I really do not need to import anything now so i will handle this later. All i want to do now is start the resync and go to bed (by the way my sync takes hours becasue i have a lot music and I am a phish and Grateful Dead fan so a lot of it is 20-30 minute jams)
11:15 it finishes and prompts me to restart my computer.
11:30 computer restarted and a new message pops up "iTunes is now done with you mother and is getting it on with your father" Which means "iTunes not installed correctly please reinstall"
12:00AM after much more cursing i try again
1:00AM nothing is going on
2:00AM i say Fuck it and go to bed.

Now I am at work with no podcast, no music, no new apps to play with. I have to listen to the droning voices of all the motherfuckers around me. Fuck Well i will try again tonight

Talk to you later

TJ

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

for what it will end up costing you, you should have just gotten the iPhone! Sure do love mine! ;)

TJ Tunnington said...

i would of if i wasn't in the middle of a contract with verizon and really like my service over there.

Miscatonic said...

so i guess this would not be the time to admit that both mine and my wife's computer updated itunes flawlessly last night?

tee hee

TJ Tunnington said...

just an update everything worked fine after my wife updated it while i was at work

Anonymous said...

glad to hear it all worked out? BTE, did Melissa just join "my" mom's group?

Anonymous said...

errr, that should read "BTW" tough to type with a fidgety baby on your lap