Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Haul

Well today (with my new handy dandy 1/2 hour lunch) i had to make the decision Comics or Lunch. Yeah suffice it to say right now i am fucking starving.

Here is what i got this week:

Countdown
Simon Dark
Green Lantern Corps
The Boys
and ......(drum roll please)............ Amazing Spiderman

Yes OMD Sucked. I am preordered for at least the next six issues of this motherfucker so what the hell. I think them putting it out three times a month right after OMD was brilliant.

Joe Q is no moron. He has to know that a lot of people preorder their comics. so with the delays and everything that means you had to basically preorder two months worth of the comic after he destroyed Spiderman's Continuity. Normally people would say " Oh Fucking well I am now out $6.00 for something i could give a shit about." but no by making it thrice monthly now i am out $20.27 ( yes i am anal and added in the Tax).

Nice marketing plan. As much as i hate it it is fucking Brilliant.

Talk to you later

TJ

1 comment:

Rick Rottman said...

One of the reasons I don't even have a pull list anymore. I like to be more flexible with what I buy. I go to my shop on Wednesday and buy my comics so I never find anything sold out. If I ever want to read something that isn't on the shelf, my retailer can usually always order it.

I never was a huge fan of AMS, but the way this was handled was retarded.

I will be buying Spider-Girl next week. I hope other people do too. Hopefully it will send a message.