Saturday, November 17, 2007

Captain American #31


Next in the Weekend Slime Review a Rama Is Captain America


The is written By Ed Brubaker (like you didn't know that) and Penciled by Steve Epting.
The art is gorgeous. It so matches this book. It has a sort of photo realistic style but with the serious tones of this book. Now note that I said photo realistic not Photo reference. i really do not like photo reference and there is a distinct difference.
The writing is amazing. If Garth Ennis is my writing God the Brubabker is the Holy Spirit and Geoff Johns completes the trinity. He really knows how to pace a story. I know it has become cliche to say this but he has a ton(and that is a scientific number) reading this book and the main character is not even in the Fucking book. I don't even like Captain America but i have bee reading this book since issue 10. For a writer to get me to care about a character that I never had interest in he has to be pretty good.
The story follows along with the Death of Cap storyline. We are going along for the ride with Tony Stark, Agent 13, Falcon, Winter Soldier and a whole other bunch of characters. For me to reveal anything that is going on here would spoil the shit of the story and really do not want to do that.
Buy this book people. It is the best thing that Marvel is putting out right now.
TJ

No comments: