Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Haul

What a fantastic week for my LCS. 8 books. I don't think that I have bought this much there since i switched to DCBS for most of my shopping.

And I am so excited to read all of it:

Countdown
Countdown to Mystery
Brave and the Bold
Flash
Detective
Action Comics
Checkmate
The Boys

So far I have read countdown and The boys and I have been blown away by both of them. (as opposed to blown but wouldn't that be nice if after a good read a pair of lips came out. WOW can you tell I'm a little punchy today.)

Countdown focuses mainly on on Super thing Prime and he is still my favorite character in the DCU. What a fucking bad ass. he just loves scarring the shield into things. There is also a segue(is that how you spell that fucked up word) with Mary Marvel and Eclipso that helps people understand that eclipso is no ones bitch (well she is a bitch being Jean Loring but i think you get what i mean).

The Boys is just the boys. read this book people it is sooooo fucking good. Ennis really is hitting it out of the park here.

I am afraid to read anything else now because these were so good. Lets hope we don't fall into mediocrity.

TJ

No comments: