Monday, April 7, 2008

Flash #238

Todays review is Flash #238





This book is Written by Tom Peyer; Art and Cover by Freddie Williams II.


The art is great. IF you have seen and FEW II art you know what i am talking about. There are some pages I would love to buy if i had the money. I wish Freddie was doing more books in DC because i would buy them in a heartbeat and this is why the ending of this review hearts so much. (more later)


The writing is ... well it is there. I guess it is OK. I fell asleep reading it. I thought maybe i was just tired when reading so i decided to give it another go today. Yeah same result. I was almost late for work because i found myself nodding off in my car.


The story centers around a new villain. To tell you the truth i don't remember his Fucking name that is how good this book was. Earthquakes happen the Fucking kids are worried. Wally is worried about money. He lets that slip to the media and now everyone hates him. Some other shit happened but to tell you the truth i truly did not give a shit.


No those that know me know that the flash is my guy. Between him a green lantern ... well as long as these two books are good everything else DC could be utter shit and i would not care. Why can't anyone write good flash stories anymore. It seemed like a great idea to bring Waid back on but that was complete nonsense because it felt like he had an agenda to push the Fucking twit twins down our damn throats. It was like he was saying "I wrote all the flash stories i wanted to write. This is just a gimmick anyway having me write this again. Lets make this more about the kids". Then i found out he wasn't going to write this anymore and i was actually happy. Then the fill in writer was Keith Champagne. This man is quite possibly the worst writer in Comics next to (and maybe equal to) Chuck Austen. Now Tom Peyer and I am this fucking close to not reading Flash anymore. My only hope is that in Final Crisis that crazy fuck that is Grant Morrison decides to sacrifice the kids and also the spoiler about the leader of the Black Lanterns. (read LITG on comic book resources if you want that info)


Flash i have almost tapped out. Please come back to me.


TJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express the utter dogshit that this book has become. The funny thing is Waid is firing on all cylinders with Brave and the Bold so I don't know why he couldn't make his bread and butter book work. Although FW's art is great. I have never heard of Tom Peyer (unless its another one of Chuck Austen's pseudonyms) but I am not optimistic. Flash is getting one more try and then I'm dropping it.

Kevin