Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Haul

Pretty Good week this week at the LCS:



Countdown 3

Amazing Spiderman

Doktor Sleepless #6

And From last week: Action Comics.



So last night i had a conference call with a bunch of friends that we disguise as talking about previews. We actually talk more about our lives then the actual comics but thats cool.



Through the conversation my one buddy Mike mentions to me and James (comic book savant) that he feels like we are taking ourselves a little too seriously. He said to him (and i am paraphrasing because i cannot remember what i did five minutes ago never mind what the fuck was said last night) we were not having fun reading our books and seemed like it was a job. I blew this off thinking "no fucking way".



Well today at lunch i was reading Action comics. As i was reading i found my head nit picking all little things. Thinking in my head how campy this thing was and how there is a million ways i could put this book down in a funny way. Here's the Rub: I was smiling the entire issue because i was loving the campy goodness.



If i start to view this Blog as a job and not fun then damn it i need to hang up the keyboard. I have a motherfucking job that i get paid too little to do ill be damned if i am going to have one that i don't get paid for.

Mike (redjakk),

Thank you for pointing this out to me. i actually enjoyed my books like i haven''t in a while.

TJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike (Redjakk) is a very wise man. Glad you are having fun again.

Mike M.