Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Haul

Hey everyone. Sorry about no post last week. Kind of hectic and wasn't in the mood.

Anyway this is what i got this week:

Countdown 1
Batman
Spawn

Now Last week i got Countdown 2 (obviously) and i loved it. I mean of course there were little things to question but sometimes i think that people get too hung up in continuity and forget we are basically reading fantasy Fiction. The battles scenes were great as was everything else in the issue (IMHO)(god i hate that initial shit sometimes i am on forums and spend more time wondering what the fuck those letters stand for then reading the actual post). The last battle between Orion and Darkseid was fucking unbelievable and I loved the art.

I thought this was going to a universal consensus so i posted on the CGS Forums "holy fuck was that a great issue" (actually i could give two shits what others think i would of loved it either way) but i was very surprised when the thread turned against me. Man did people hate that issue. The best reply to me was From VinceB (former host of the Bullpen Bulletins Podcast) who wrote (and i am paraphrasing because i am too fucking lazy to find the quote and use the hyperlink to the thread) "You must have got the special incentive Variant where they take the cover of countdown and put it around a comic that is actually good. Bag that shit fast because it will be worth something". Hilarious indeed.

So this week i open my bag and pull out countdown 1 which i expect to start off right where the last issue left off. Not a fucking chance. What a piece of Shit of a comic. Motherfucking DC has done it to me. This issue felt like the little credits you see at the end of a movie that tells you what the characters are doing now. (and this has only worked twice ...Fast Times and Animal House). The Art Annoyed me because every fucking guy had the same damn hair. I mean the only difference between looking at Olsen and Palmer was that Palmer had slightly Browner hair.
Fuck i bought 52 Motherfucking issues to get left with this bullshit. Oh one thing it did do is set up a new series with the five characters i couldn't stand in this shit. Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner, Forager, Ray Palmer, Jimmy Olsen are know the Watchers who Monitor the Monitors.

So let me get this straight; The gay Artist Lantern, The Wonderwoman that isn't wonderwoman but is sometimes still in continuity but not always, The new god that no one knows, an Annoying sidekick with catch phrases like "Golly Superman", and the fucking atom. Fuck man what a waste of good paper. i think Al Fucking Gore should be all over these assholes for wasting the energy and paper resources that it took them to come up with this.

Good thing you have some commodity built up with me DC otherwise i would cut you out like i did Marvel after Civil War. (i know they were shaking in their boots over that one).

Fuck I'm Pissed,

Talk to y'all later.

TJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I literally just finished countdown 1 and decided to see if you had read it and posted anything. I totally agree with you. I feel violated. What in God's name were we counting down to? It took 52 issues to say we'll be watching you! I still have no inkling what the crisis will be.I wasted a year and 52 issues on this garbage. Piper shows up after being gone for 6 months and supposedly being a major player. Lets not get me started on Jimmy Olsen. If you are going to have a major crossover event like this they should take a lesson from secret invasion and how bendis has tied everything together (it also doesn't that he is pretty much writing every goddamn book marvel puts out) Grant Morrison please rescue me from the bad taste that was countdown.

Kevin

TJ Tunnington said...

Thanks Green Capt.

Yeah on the Forums i try to be a little more close to the vest. i mean i am opiniated but i try to keep my language down (except on the Comic Book Savant Forum).

Thanks for checking me out and make sure you pass on the word.

TJ