Friday, October 26, 2007

An Addiction is born

I have found a new addiction to go with my comics and DVD buying addiction.

let me describe this for you. You go searching around looking for the score you have always wanted but never realized you needed till the minute you see it. You tell the person how much you are willing to spend and then the waiting game starts. You watch the clock and your palms start sweating. You hope that no one wants this thing more then you do. The seconds are moving slower and slower as you see that you are still on top. The faceless being on the other end then tells you that you are tops and you feel like you just won Game seven and the World Series, Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, and the lottery all rolled up into one.

Can you guess what I ma talking about. That's right heroi... I mean EBay.

I have always been weary of this little auction site because i am not the most tech savvy person in the world. I have heard a lot of horror stories about people not getting what they ordered and then people being impossible to contact to try to get your money back. I had no clue what Paypal was or how it worked.

Well i have gotten over any fears I had and started bidding on things a couple of days ago. I need a new computer printer you can recall if you remember reading about the Walmart Scam that I encountered. So i started with Printers. I have lost each and every one of these. i started to think that this was a lot harder then I thought.

I decided to move away from the tech and go for Comics. A friend of mine has told me how great American Flagg! was but mainly just the Chaykin stuff. i saw a listing for the first 26 issues. i put my bid in and it came up at $10.50. There was a day left in this auction so I thought "well I've seen what happened with the printers so there is no way this will stick. i put my high amount at 20 which would have made with shipping all the comics around $1.00 an issue. I was prepared to pay this. I start checking last night when there was only 30 minutes left on the clock and was surprised to see that i was still on top with my initial $10.50. The seconds began counting down and I am now the owner of the first 26 issues of Howard Chaykin's Masterpiece for the mere price of $10.50 plus a little over $5.00 shipping.

This is the greatest invention in the world.
Talk to Y'all later

TJ

No comments: