Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Haul

This was another light Week.

Only Three books for me:

Countdown
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman (Marko Djufuckinhard name Cover)
Green lantern.

I also had a previews conference call last night that helped me put together my DCBS order for this month.

Here is what I am getting

PREVIEWS VOL XVII #12
Dark Horse
END LEAGUE #1
UMBRELLA ACADEMY APOCALYPSE SUITE #4
DC
COUNTDOWN TO MYSTERY #4
SALVATION RUN #2
BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #3
CRIME BIBLE THE FIVE LESSONS OF BLOOD #3
GOTHAM UNDERGROUND #3
BOOSTER GOLD #5
SUICIDE SQUAD RAISE THE FLAG #4
GREEN LANTERN SINESTRO CORPS SECRET FILES #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #16
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES CVR A #37
WONDER WOMAN #15
Image
CASANOVA TP VOL 01 LUXURIA
CIRCLE #2
SWORD #3
Marvel
CAPTAIN AMERICA #33
PENANCE RELENTLESS #4
THOR #6
ASTONISHING X-MEN #24
PUNISHER #53
CRIMINAL TP VOL 02 LAWLESS
Indie
STREETS OF GLORY WRAP CVR #3
TOTEM #2
THIRTEEN STEPS #5
BADGER SAVES THE WORLD #1
GHOSTING #5

This thing is amazing I downloaded a spreadsheet and compared what my cost is as to what i would be spending if I would buy it in a comic shop and (I would sit down if I were you because the results are amazing)
For the Next Three Months Comics I ordered
LCS Price: 304.42 (322.69 with tax)
DCBS Price : 174.18(203.53 with shipping and Bags and Boards)

Holy shit I just save myself almost $120.00. How come when I tell the wife i just saved us $120 she is not ecstatic. I know the argument that I could be buy more important things like Clothes and Food but for Fucks sake she can do her own damn nails too right Fellas. Who's with me? I know you are cowering and hoping your wife doesn't go through your history and read my blog. I know you will use the defense like "Can you believe what that jerk off said?" but in your heart of hearts i know there are some of you that feel this way too.

(Oh by the way you can tell that My wife doesn't read my blog because if she did I would have to use the "I was just trying to be funny" defense)

Talk to you all later.

TJ

3 comments:

Shannatonian said...

TJ-

I am new to the forums and am trying to figure some things out but I thought your blog was cool.. I noticed that you are in NJ.. I am in the poconos PA... I read that you had a conference call about what to order on DCBS. Have you ever thought of being part of a podcast either over the phone or in person? I am looking to get some people together to discuss comics and B*** Sh**. Can you send me a link where I could find people to talk to comics about or start a POD cast with... If this sounds like soemthing you would want to do or if you could help me go in the right direction send me an email...thanks Jay

cjsj4713@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

i'm in the cool position in which my wife actually spent more money on our last previews order than i did. she's not into comics but she loves the statues which also is fun for me, because i love looking at them but i would never spend money on them if i could buy comics intstead.

jason (darthdad)

Mike said...

Hey TJ....my wife gets her nails done to...twice as week at 40 dollars a pop...I have used this defense and it seems top work...Tell her that your comic books will be around next year while she will not be able to tell you what fuckin' color her nails were at the same time. Of course my wife also said that if I keep that shit up my comics won't be around then either. Love your blog