Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Punisher Annual #1

Time for today's shit


This Book was Written by Mike Benson and Pencilled by Laurence Campbell(i got that spelling from another site although I find it weird. Either I am wrong or brothers parents really wanted a girl named Laura.)

The art was Meh. A little scratchy. not too dynamic. Not big enough for all the action that happens in this book in my opinion. I just tried to see if he did anything else but there were no listings for him on comicdb. ( you should check that site out if you ever have a question about specific issues. http://www.comicbookdb.com.) But it was no mean Humberto Ramos (which is what i will call the worst art my eyes have ever seen). I'll give it a 5 out of 10. Well i just checked again and i was wrong this guy did the work on the Christmas Wolverine issue that came out last year that i loved. i will have to go back and see if the style has changed.

The writing is from TV writer Mike Benson (he wrote for a little show call Entourage). I was a little skeptical about this book at first being a non Ennis written Punisher and having a writer from what is basically a comedy but damn if i wasn't blown away. Great pacing. a little too over the top in some places (do i really need the dialogue of the guy getting blown in the bathroom stall). But hell This was this guys first work in comics and he can only go up from here. There was talk of Ennis leaving Punisher soon (crossing my fingers that that never happens) but if this guy is the one that will replace him I think Frank will be in Good Hands.

This story takes place after a heist gone wrong. Frank shows up and Fucks some people up like he is oh so apt to do. the only survivor is our narrator. it is basically a survival tale of this character trying to stay out of the hands of the Punisher. Like so many great Punisher stories Frank Castle is really just a background character. I love when we learn the lives of the people that he is after. This almost felt like I was reading an issue of criminal until the Punisher eventually shows up.

Even though i have gushed on this book before, i will continue to gush until every free born person buy this book. OK People Who is with me. (I'll now go back to my own little delusional world).

TJ

No comments: