Thursday, September 6, 2007

The beauty of online Comic Shops

Hi All,

Sorry about the length of time between post. I am going to try to at least get this thing going weekly and sometimes a lot more then that.

This post I am going to talk about the greatness that is online retailers, Mainly DCBS (http://www.dcbservice.com) which is the site I use.

I have just recently switched over to this ordering system and I feel like a little kid. most online retailers offer huge discounts (up to 75% of the big 2 and 40% all others). What you have to do is order out of the previews catalog that comes out 2 months before the books are released. You place your order a month later your card is charged and one month after that you get your stuff. Now i get my books delivered to my work and my warehouse laughs at me whenever they have to deliver my comics to my desk but i will gladly take those snickers for the amount of money that I am saving.

The only problem with using this format is i get my orders shipped once a month. This means avoiding all spoilers for those books.

Here is what came in my last order:

DC
Booster Gold #1
Brave and the Bold #6
Justice League of America #12
Batman Lobo #1
Action Comics #855
Scalped TPB Vol 1 Indian Country
The Complete Alan Moore Wild C.A.Ts

Marvel
Thor #2
Punisher #50
Captain America #29
Thunderbolts #116

Image
In her darkest Hour one shot
Mice Templar #1

Dark Horse
Emily the Strange Death Issue #1

Indie
Ghosting #1
Black Summer #2
Dee Sniders Strangeland Seven Sins #1

What I am going to do is review them as i read them. When i get some more time i might post more today.

I really am going to try to interject some humor into these post but for some reason i am not feeling very funny.

Oh yeah and the Football season starts today. LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ

No comments: