Monday, September 24, 2007

CGS 300

This past Saturday I went to CGS 300 and had the Greatest time that a sleep deprived person can have for 7 hours. I was on the road at 6:15 AM and got there around 8:30. Met up with James (comic book savant). Spent the whole day pretty much with him and talked a lot of comics but mostly about our real life stuff. It is amazing that if you meet a person for the first time that you talk to online how when you meet them you can start a conversation like you've known each other your entire life. I also met Ian from Comic Timing, Sean and Jim from Raging Bullets, Raph and Juan, Bruce R from the KomicsKast, and of course the Geeks.

From me to you I want to thank you for making sure a shy guy like me (i know you might not believe that I am shy) feel at home and like I was with friends that I have know my entire life.

I also want to thank Lem and the guys at Golden Eagle. You all run a great shop and I am so happy to see people that are so enthused about comics.
I picked up a bunch of Sketches and some of the indy books from the creators that were there.

Here are some of the Sketches.



That is by Andrew Charipar






That is By Dave Ryan



That is by Erica Hesse.





I also won 4 sketches which James is mailing to me because I had to leave early. These are By Kevin Mellon.(yes James there are four Cloak and Dagger are being mailed to me by Kevin)







I also got a robin from Freddie Williams II, Batman from Martheus Wade, and Huntress from Dave Wahnish. My Scanner is not working otherwise I would have put these on here.


I am going to keep this real short but i would recommend to anyone that you need come to one of these things. They are like mini cons where everyone knows each other. Join the forums (the link is on the side bar. Listen to the Comic Book Savant (Link also on the sidebar). By me art work (e mail me for details)

TJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics TJ. Love the Bat villians and the Cloak and Dagger.

Mike