Monday, September 17, 2007

Hellboy Movie Review

Today is a Movie Review:




This movie was Directed and Written by Guillermo del Toro. Based on the comic book By Mike Mignola.


Hellboy has a very cult like following and after watching this movie i am looking for the membership form to join. (do I have to Kill a cat or something because if so I am there.)


What a good Movie. The basic plot of this movie is that Rasputin is alive and working with Hitler. Hitler is looking for a winning advantage in the war so Rasputin opens a gate to Hell and Out comes a child like Hellboy. Fast foward 40-50 years and we see a covert government agency that looks at all paranormal activity. Rasputin is still alive and trying to overtake the city and government and Hellboy and his crew are called in to take care of it.


I know, i know, doesn't sound like there is much meat there. It is a basic action movie plot. But this is filmed fantastically. the action is great, the story is good, and there are other things woven in like a Love story that Makes this a very good Movie. Plus there is enough humor in here that I found myself Chuckling(how the fuck do you spell that oh wait there is a spell check).


I have never read any Hellboy before but I am searching out the trades now. If any of my 7 readers have read Hellboy I am open for suggestions? Are the books as good as the Movie? Would you suggest the animated features?


Next Comic Review Boys #10 and Movie Spawn the Animated HBO show.


TJ

No comments: