Friday, September 14, 2007

Punisher #50

Today's Review is Punisher #50



This book was written by Garth Ennis and Pencilled by Howard Chaykin.

The Art was great. Chaykin is either a love it or hate it kind of art. I for one Love it. His faces are a little Blocky but his use of backgrounds are fantastic. He has gotten away from his signature of using Sound effect as the background (and i do miss that) but he still is a fantastic artist in my opinion. So to sum this up I loved it.


The Story follows in a long line of Ennis greatness. Now let me mention that Garth Ennis is my Favorite comic book writer. I am willing to try anything he does at least once. He has almost never steered me wrong. This did not disappoint me at all.


This book was the reintroduction of Barracuda and for a white Irish guy Ennis can sure write ghetto. his use of Dialect in this book was great. It basically follows a meeting of the heads of the mafia families going to a meeting. It is revealed that the meeting was set up by Barracuda but not just so he can kill all the crime lords but because he knows a meeting like this would attract his greatest foe, Frank Castle. Oh man as I am typing this i am recalling all the greatness that I read last night and can't stop wondering were Ennis comes up with all the great dialogue and story ideas. The last page reveal on this was amazing. I want that art to put in my child's room if my wife has a girl. If you read this you can understand why my wife was not to keen on the idea. I guess she is not as much of an Ennis fan as I am.


If you are not buying Punisher, I suggest you pick it up. Fantastic art, Unbelievable story, Great Dialogue. Take the $20 that I saved you on the Bite Club and Pick up a Punisher book. Start with Widowmaker (the trade that was solicited last month) or if you want to start small(cheapskate) start with this issue.


TJ

No comments: