Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Flash #232

Today's Review is of Flash #232

This issue was Written by Mark Waid and Penciled by Daniel Acuna

I feel i should start out by saying that I am a huge Flash fan. of all the DC Characters the ones that I have bought the most about are Batman, Flash and Green Lantern. If you feel any bias I am sorry but to tell you the truth i don't fucking care because this is my blog.

To switch things up a little I will tell you about the story first. Waid is known for writing Wally West Flash stories. It was rather exciting to hear about him coming back to the book and writing the flash that he is most known for. I must say he has disappointed so far. These first two issues are centered around his twins. They have been aged much the way Bart was aged and again it sucks. The one can inflate himself and make himself stronger (but after a while he needs a nap, yes you did read that right) while the girl has the ability to vibrate through things. You can almost tell that waid is trying to go back to silver age story telling with this as it centers on Water creatures trying to take over a town and the Kids have to save the day. Mark, Please for the love of god we cheered when you were returning to the book to write the flash. Not to write these water heads of the wonder twins. The concept is ridiculous and the writing is sub par. Please fix it ( i know you can you were one of my favorites)

Now to the art. In my honest opinion Daniel Acuna could quite possibly be the worst artist I have ever seen. As stated above I am a big green lantern fan as well as flash fan. Acuna was a artist on GL and I was so happy to see him off but it was soon announced that he was off because of his run starting on the Flash. Can we keep this guy off my books please? Lets put him on Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, or some other book that i don't care about. now i realise that this is selfish of me to say just because i am not reading these but the way I look at it i am sharing my misery. I put up with this enough now someone else can.

Well that is it for today. See you later,

TJ

No comments: