Friday, September 28, 2007

Tales of the Sinestro Corps Presents Parallax

The review for today is Tales (holy fuck just read the header this title is too god damn long)





This is written by Ron Marz and Penciled by Adrianna Melo and Marlo Alquiza


This is a supposed "Sinestro Corps War Tie In" Let me be the first to say that no one needed to by this book to understand what is going on in the war or even with Kyle. But if you like good story then get this book


The Art is Fantastic. It has some Photo Realism in the beginning and more "classic comic" art in the middle. I have never heard of either of these artist but I will be looking for them more. I was really impressed.

The writing was also very good. I was amazed at the pacing. I originally wasn't going to get this book because I am not much of a Kyle guy but i am so happy that I did. The movement of the story and the emotions that it evoked was outstanding.

Now to the story. This story takes place inside Kyles head. This is where his sub conscious entrapped by Parallax. It starts out in an art gallery where the only picture is a piece of art that he used to look at in his mothers house. The picture is of a boy in a wheat field searching for something. As he is contemplating the art Parallax confronts him with the basic "you can never beat me" attitude that all villains take once in their lives (or in most cases their entire lives.) Of course we know what happens and Kyle just about beats the villain but he leaves before he is done. the ending is Kyle looking at the art again and realizing who actually drew the picture.

I didn't follow the Ion story but i know what happened in it. This story seems to fit right in with that and is very moving. It almost made me like Kyle more the Guy and Hal (i said almost).

So if you are following the Sinestro Corps War you do not need this book(who am I kidding i know everyone is going to get this. We are all completist aren't we?) but i suggest that anyone that likes good one and done story telling to pick this up.

in one word Great!

TJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, but where is your review of "Heroes"?????

TJ Tunnington said...

OK I didn't thnk of reviewing it but now I will. i have to rewatch.