Saturday, September 8, 2007

Thor #2

Next from my DCBS Box is Thor #2

This Book is written By JMS and Pencilled by Olivier Coipel

Yet another book where I am blown away by the art work. I know, I know there has to be some art that I don't care for. I promise one day you will get a review of a book a read that has jest meh art work but this book is definitely not it. I give it a 9

Now to the Story: I like it, but i really have no clue why I like it. Let me start out (in the middle of this post) by saying that I really know nothing about Thor. Donald Blake is in Oklahoma he get in contact with Thor (but i thought he was Thor) and convinces him it is time to rebuild Asgard(i think). My problem with this is I always thought that Thor always was and Donald Blake was just an alter ego, much like Superman is Clark Kent. The only problem is this book makes them seem like separate entities. Is He more like the Spectre where him and Crispus Allen are separate but can be joined together. For a Number 1 and 2 of a series i am a little lost. Does this character have the continuity of a Donna troy?(read that like f'ing mess.)

So My friendly neighborhood readers, please help me, I am begging you? If anyone can explain this book/character to me please comment here or email me at tjtunnington@msn.com.

It will be very much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help you out here but I don't think I'm much help. I want to say that Donald Blake and Thor were seperated either in the 80's or 90's, and at that point Blake was no longer his alter ego. Unfortunately I don't remember the details.

I guess I'm going to have to start reading this book because a bunch of the guys at the comic shop loved it.

Oh by the way this is darthdad from the forum.

TJ Tunnington said...

Thanks Man. Hopefully someone will be able to helop me